Here is how to make a blueberry tart, it is very simple and easy and can even be made with other berries.
175g plain flour
100g butter diced
1 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of cold water
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar together, then add the butter. I always do it with my hands but you can mix it in a food processor. When the butter is well mixed and starts to look like breadcrumbs, add the egg and the water. If it gets too sticky add some more flour to your hands and mix well. Make a ball and put it in the fridge for an hour.
- I never roll my pastry, instead I place it in a tart tin and push it out to the sides while adding a bit of flour to my hands.
- When it is even all over, cover with baking paper or silver foil and fill with something heavy like chickpeas to cook. Cook for 10 minutes or until it is golden but still soft.
- The filling:
2-3 tbsp Sugar
- Fill the tart with blueberries and cover with sugar. The amount of sugar depends on how sweet the berries are, over sweetening can spoil the taste of the berries. Cook for another 10 minutes until the pastry is hard and the berries are soft.
- Let the tart cool a bit and then sprinkle with sugar dusting.
- Eat and Enjoy!