Thursday, July 21, 2011

Speck met Boonen

 This is a Belgium dish, speck met boonen it is just bacon with beans and potatoes.  The first time I tried this I thought hmm is this it, just beans and potatoes. Its very simple but very tasty. Everyone I have made this for just loves it and can't get enough of it. It is one of those things that you can't stop eating, so I always try not to make too much.



  • Ingredients: 
       Bean 
       Potatoes
       Onions
       Bacon
       Vinegar 

I got most of the ingredients out of the garden which I think just makes this dish taste so good and fresh.
  • First boil the potatoes and steam the beans.  Then fry the bacon for 1 minute and add the onions, cook until the bacon is crispy. I always use smoked bacon as I think it give's this dish more flavor.  Add a little bit of water and let it boil for a minute to soak up all the flavors.  Then season with some parsley and black pepper.   

  • Then mix everything together, its really that simple.  The secret ingredient to this dish is the vinegar. Just splash a bit over your plate and enjoy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment